E-commerce software is the technology that manages the online store processes, from managing inventory, to adding or removing products, to calculating taxes and fulfilling orders. WooCommerce was the worldwide leading e-commerce software platform in 2020, with a market share of 28.24 percent. It is user-friendly for online stores of all sizes, from single product shops to large corporate stores with thousands of products.
Sell any product, any time
A sale is the destination, and your online store is where customers can either abandon things in the aisles or finish strong. With WooCommerce, customers can purchase your products at their convenience.
- Physical, digital, or both: Sell physical products that will ship to a customer, digital products they can download or any combination of the two.
- Affiliate products: Show products available on other sites with an affiliate link for customers to purchase them.
- Unlimited variations: Offer any number of variations (like color, size, fabric and so on) for a product with the option to set prices, stock and images for each variation.
- Import and export products: Add and update product information like name, short description, regular and sale price, and more using a CSV file.
- Built-in payment processing from leading providers: Take payments via Stripe and PayPal. Accept credit cards, Direct Bank Transfer, checks or Cash on Delivery.
- Shipping options: Give customers the option of pickup, local delivery or shipping. Restrict options available based on customer location.
- Shipping rates: Set a flat rate or define specific rates for different products, like extra charges for heavy products. Calculate and show the right rates to customers at checkout.
- Free shipping: Offer free shipping for certain products or certain locations – the choice is yours.
- Geo-location support: Auto-detect your customer’s address to make shipping and tax calculations simpler.
- Tax options: Show taxes based on your customer’s shipping address, billing address or your store’s base address. Automatically calculate major country and state tax rates.
Manage orders and customers
Get orders out the door in a timely manner and keep customers updated to spark future purchases and happiness. WooCommerce has a set of features to make this easier all around.
- Customer accounts and guest checkout: Allow customers to register and choose to automatically generate usernames and passwords, or not. Display a returning customer login reminder. Enable guest checkout for those who don’t want to register.
- One-click refunds: Offer pain-free refunds to customers that can be managed directly in your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Inventory management: Track stock levels, hold stock after an order is cancelled, get notifications for low and out-of-stock items, hide out-of-stock items and more.
- Order management: Add customer notes, edit stock manually, mark items you shipped, and manage the fulfillment process.
- Email templates: Send notifications to customers at critical stages, e.g., after they make a purchase or when their order is complete.
- Add shop managers: Give your team access to manage orders and view reports without making them an admin.
Optimize your store to sell more
WooCommerce comes with features to help you connect your audience with the right offer.
- Search Engine Optimization: WooCommerce runs on WordPress, recognized as one of the best platforms for SEO practices.
- Coupons: Give customers coupons for a fixed amount, a percentage off or special offers like free shipping. Offer coupons for their whole cart or certain products.
- Related products: Show related products to help customers find complementary products or encourage them to purchase more.
- Highlight important products throughout your store: Use a widget to showcase top products, a specific category or tag, products on sale, featured products or recently viewed products on any page of your store.
- Reporting: View sales, refunds and coupons over time. See your top products and categories.
- Dashboard: Add sales, orders, and at-a-glance status summary window to your WordPress dashboard to easily see how your store is doing.